[GRASS translations] New translator

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed May 31 20:54:10 EDT 2006

Daniel Victoria wrote:

> So let me see if I got this straight. In order for 2 persons to work
> on the translation we either work on separate files or check out the
> files from CVS, translate some lines, and send it back, all in the
> same "work shift"?

Ideally.

CVS won't allow you to commit your changes if another version has been
committed since you last updated your working copy. Instead, you have
to merge the changes into your working copy first. If the changes
affect the portion of the file which you have modified, this will
result in a conflict, which you have to resolve manually.

The shorter the interval between the update and the commit, the less
likely that someone else will have committed another version
inbetween, so the less chance of a conflict occurring.