Device drivers for Mapgen

a907hart at diamond.sara.nl a907hart at diamond.sara.nl
Mon Apr 6 05:33:12 EDT 1992

To any MAPGEN-user:

I have a question about device-drivers for MAPGEN. We have a Roland DXY-880
plotter at our institute, which accepts HPGL-instructions. The drivers
I have available for MAPGEN (hpgl, 7475) convert MAPGEN-data to HPGL-
format, but the plot's boundaries fall outside the plotter's. The reason
for this is simple: according to the Roland-manuals, B(A3)-sized paper has
X,Y-limits of 15200,10800; the 7475-driver assumes X,Y-limits of 16640,10365
for B-sized paper. I tried to change this in the Dhp7475.c file in the
./graphics/plotter directory, but the changes are not implemented. Maybe
this is because the ./lib/libdev.a file needs to be changed. Is there
anyone who can tell me how to overcome this problem? I now use a workaround
by scaling the plot using `plotter -s`, but I can't get any map out of it
that has the correct scaling, which is a bit annoying.

I hope someone can help me with this.

Philip Verhagen
Stichting RAAP
Plantage Muidergracht 14