Graphics Fonts

MINOJA at icil64.cilea.it MINOJA at icil64.cilea.it
Thu Dec 10 12:53:45 EST 1992

    Hallo users,

     I work on unix Convex C382 Computer with o.s. 10.0, coming from a vax
       station (VMS 5.5) with graphic interface X11R5.

     Last September I took from public domain address grass4.0 software to
     install it for the first time on my Computer.

     I haven't found any problems with setup or compilation program, but
     now I am not able to setup properly my graphic station.

     After GISGEN generation I have done these operations :
     -  run gmake4.0 into directory grass4.0/src/display/devices/XDRIVER
     -  edit file grass4.0/etc/monitorcap and setup only the configuration
        of x0 terminal (uncommenting only the interesting lines but
	unchanging the text)

     Now when I use d.mon program is possible to see my configuration
     station (option 3) in the list, but the program fail when i try
     to use option 1 answering :
     " Graphics driver [x0] started "
     " Graph_SetX: display iclv3a:0.0 doesn't know font 9x15"

     Note that this error appear only on DECstation 5000/200, DECstation
     5000/125 and VAXstation 3100; while, if i start grass, from a HP
     APOLLO 700 it run properly.

     Is there a so kind person that know how to set properly the fonts
     or to change graphics fonts from grass ?

                                               Thank You

                                                Bruno

      address :
      Bruno Minoja