problems starting graphics monitors

Scott Tweddale tweddale at murphy.gis.uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 17 16:09:47 EDT 1992

the same exact problems with one of our machines.  After checking into
things, I discovered that our machine, which was a Sun SparcGS, had
24 bit plane graphics, and unfortunately, there was no XDRIVER available
in GRASS to support 24 bit plane graphics.  This may also be your
problem?  As far as I know, no one has developed an XDRIVER for 24 bit
machines.  If someone has since developed one, I would love to hear
from you.

Scott Tweddale
U. of Illinois GIS Lab/USACERL
217-244-1222