d.colors

Edwin Welles edwin at hwr.arizona.edu
Mon Nov 9 11:37:50 EST 1992

I modified a color table with d.colors and saved the new colortable.
When I redisplayed the map the colortable was not exactly the one I
had created.  I looked at the colortable and it did not have a one to
one mapping of colors to category values.  It looked more like ranges.
How do I save a colortable that is exactly the one I have created
with d.colors?

I also switched back to a rainbow colortable and now would like to
switch back to the one I created.  How do I do this?  I have tried to
pass the colortable to the r.colrs rules option, bu the format is
wrong.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

edwin at hwr.arizona.edu