p.map

IBH7CAB at MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU IBH7CAB at MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU
Sat Nov 14 14:37:00 EST 1992

Fred,

Now I am even more confused.  Perhaps I should have memtioned in
my note that I was following your instructions in GRASSCLIPPINGS
6(1):16 .  After issuing p.select painter=ppm, I ran p.map with
scale=6in.  This produced the paint.ppm file, as expected.  Then,
on my system I entered:

    ppmtopgm paint.ppm | pgmtops | lpr -Papple

which produced the b&w map, but without the legend or bottom frame
line.  In other words, I didn't use p.ppm.  My understanding was
that p.map used with ppmtogrm would create my b&w map with the legend.
Isn't this the case?  In fact I seem to recall that when I ran p.map
I received a message telling me that the map then the colortable were
being written to paint.ppm.

Thanks for your reply