Adding *.man files to online manuals

Bill Brown brown at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Fri Aug 20 16:19:48 EDT 1993

There's probably a cleaner way to do this, but I put this line in
the Gmakefile for contributed programs:

cp doc/catman $(MAN1)/$(PROG)

where:
    MAN1 is defined somewhere in the Gmake process
    PROG is defined in the Gmakefile
    catman is a file created by "nroff -man [manpagefile] > catman"

Since you've already compiled the programs, you could just look in
the OBJ.*/make.rules file to track down the definition of MAN1 and
put a "catman" file for each program there.  Actually, I think
something like MAN3 or MAN4 is probably the "official" place for
contributed programs, but I'm not sure. (why not call them MAN_ALPHA,
MAN_CONTRIB, etc?).

bill