v.patch output (fwd)

Lesley-Ann Dupigny dupigny at felix.geog.mcgill.ca
Wed Dec 8 23:30:03 EST 1993

Hello

I am running GRASS 4.0 and created a map of a Caribbean island in v.digit.
The map was on two sheets, and were therefore joined with v.patch. I then
ran v.support on the patched output (soils) before copying it with g.copy
to another file (topo). I then edited the new file (topo) in v.digit with
the "no digitizer" option. The edited (topo) file could be viewed with
d.vect, however, when I went back into v.digit this time specifying the
Calcomp digitizer, no map appeared when the screen was eventually redrawn.
I then decided to remove the new file (g.remove) but got the following -:

	REMOVE [topo}
	raster  missing
	header  missing
	category missing
	color   missing
	history missing
	misc    missing

A g.list revealed that topo had NOT been removed after all.

Could someone please show me where I am going wrong?

Thanks
Lesley-Ann Dupigny.