Raster to sites?

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Thu Jan 28 09:42:57 EST 1993

...> I have a set of control points adequate to rectify the
> odd coordinate system into utms or lon/lats, and thought
> of 1) making a binary raster from the sites;  2)  rectifying
> that raster into a standard system.  But I don't see how
> to recover my 200 or so sites from this raster.

Assuming that you use a fine enough resolution to keep the precision of your
data useful, you can output a sites file from your rectified raster layer by
 r.stats -1gzg input=rasterfile | s.in.ascii sites=new_sites_list_name .

Malcolm D. Williamson - Technical Assistant      E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-5736
Ozark Rm. 214                                       Fax: (501) 575-3846
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701