r.in.sunrast, v.digit

Tom Meixner tom at hwr.arizona.edu
Thu Jul 8 16:45:34 EDT 1993

James Mulhern writes:

I am trying to input some data into grass, but it is proving very difficult !
I've got an image saved as a sun raster file ( converted from xbm in xv) and
I've tried to convert into a grass raster file using r.in.sunrast but I get the
following error message :

     monitor.ras - this rasterfile format not supported

Does anyone one know why this is happening this format should be o.k, I have
even tried doing a sun screendump of the image and then tried to convert that,
but guess what :

     monitor.ras - this rasterfile format not supported

I have read in the man pages that scanned raster data can be converted into
GRASS vector file format, if so how is this done {r.in.sunrast probably!}

Also how do you use v.digit without a digitizer?

Can anyone help me ?

James,

	I can't help you with the monitor.ras problem.

	But as for v.digit, you just need a computer equiped with a mouse
	to act as the digitizer arrow.  There may be a special hardware or
	software setup needed but I do not believe that there is.

thanks,

tom