R.WATERSHED QUESTION.

Merlyn Paulson larch at lamar.ColoState.EDU
Mon Jul 26 10:33:30 EDT 1993

R.watershed has been running since 8:15AM 8/22 (today is 8/26) on the
following dataset (current progress follows):

The output from r.watershed will be divided into watershed
basins.  There are two possible methods of tabulating the information:
1) by only including data pertaining to the basin itself, or 2) using
data from the basin, and all basins upstream of it.

Would you like the data organized:
1) Basin only
2) Basin and upstream
3) Both
OR 0) to cancell program

Your choice: 1

OK, seg should start running now using the following form:
/usr3/grass4.0/etc/water/seg el="elevation at PERMANENT" de="lakes at PERMANENT" t=1 ba="basin1" ar="relate1" ac="accum1"

SECTION 1 beginning: Initiating Variables. 5 sections total
    segments in row:    167
segments in columns:    165
     total segments:    27555
      open segments:    213

SECTION 1b (of 5): Determining Offmap Flow. Percent Complete:

SECTION 2: A * Search.                      Percent complete:    4%

MY QUESTION IS THIS:

DOES IT MAKE SENSE THAT IT TAKES APPROXIMATELY 36 HOURS (SUN IPX) TO
KNOCK OFF EACH PERCENT IN SECTION 2: A + Search?

I really need to get this done, so am extremely hesitant to kill the
job and begin again.

I read your previous message about the comparison with Spearfish...
I don't know how big Spearfish is and don't have immediate access to
it to find out.

Thanks for your reply.

Merlyn Paulson, Prof.
Landscape Sciences & GIS                         Telephone (303)491-7594
Colorado State University                         Faxphone (303)491-7745
Fort Collins, Colorado 80523            E-mail larch at lamar.colostate.edu