question?

donna at uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu donna at uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu
Wed Jun 2 14:52:12 EDT 1993

Bob Moskowitz and Mark Petersen write:

 >How do you create GRASS raster files
 >from a DEM on line file that was acquired from ftp.
 >The  m.dem.extract program expects the
 >data to be on a tape and we need to know the
 >block size.  What do you do with a file on-line
 >that does not really have a block size?

m.dem.extract can read from a file.  If you are using xgrass,
open up the handy GRASS Shell and enter something like:

GRASS 4.1 > m.dem.extract input=/data/usgs/ewa/elevation output=ewa.dem

-----
She surveys seafloors       | Donna Okazaki
to the seashore             | Univ. of Hawaii, Geography Dept.
        ~ ~ ~ ~             | donna at uhunix.uhcc.hawaii.edu