matching maps

Tom Meixner tom at hwr.arizona.edu
Wed Jun 30 13:56:52 EDT 1993

hello,

	I am currently working on a series of maps all based on the same basin.

	As such when all the maps are finished their watershed boundaries must
match exactly for calculational purposes.

	Of course after the maps have been digitized the boundaries do not
match exactly.  Until now we have been using mask and a short script to match
the two maps boundaries and to expand any delineations to the new map edge.

	I was wondering if there was any more precise and standardized way of
conducting this matching of basin boundaries or if the method we currently
use is as good as things get.

Thank you for any and all help,

Tom Meixner