Vector to Raster to Vector

Steve Dzurenko steve at ocesun1.oce.uri.EDU
Wed Jul 13 14:16:19 EDT 1994

Hello,

	I have been using GRASS for a few weeks now and I'm starting to become
comfortable with it but I am now in the process of converting different data
formats into GRASS.  I have been looking through the manuals and tutorials
in order to find the best way to transfer the data into GRASS.  I presently have
been trying to convert DXF format and Generic Multibeam Format (GMF) into GRASS.I also was faced with the task of converting raster data files in GRASS into
vector data files in GRASS and I haven't had much luck in finding anything to dothis.  If anybody has information on the DXF, GMF to GRASS or the conversion of
raster to vector with in GRASS, please write.

Thanks,
Dan Reilly
University of Rhode Island
Ocean Engineering