UTM to attribute value

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Mon Jul 18 18:18:35 EDT 1994

Nathan Kuhnert (nrkuhner at chief.ecn.uoknor.edu ) writes on 18 Jul 94:
>I have used r.random to generate some UTM points from my raster as well
>as make a sites file of some UTM points of interest.  I am interested in
>the corresponding value associated with the UTM location(raster cell) and
>I am having to use d.what.rast to click on the marker on the raster map
>to see the value.  Is there a better way to determine the attribute value of the
>UTM cordinates rather that using d.what.rast.  Maybe input the UTM or LL
>cordinate and the output will be the corresponding raster value.

yes, you might try s.rand/s.sample, from
ftp://pasture.ecn.purdue.edu/pub/mccauley/grass

s.rand is used to create random points.
s.sample will take a sites file as input and
sample a raster map at each site.

>				Thank you
>				nrkuhner at chief.ecn.uoknor.edu

--Darrell

James Darrell McCauley, Purdue Univ, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1146, USA
mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu, mccauley%ecn at purccvm.bitnet, pur-ee!mccauley

P.S. my mail server on ecn is temporary down. address urgent replies
     to mccauley at stat.purdue.edu or mccauley at acn.purdue.edu