Importing DXF files

John Del Ferro johnd at nap61.nap-wc.usace.army.mil
Tue Mar 1 09:20:58 EST 1994

Piotr Kaleta writes.......
> e DXF file has 15 layers of different themes. Each layer becomes
> new vector map which can be displayed. However, the problem is
>  described above, NO CATEGORIES....

If each DXF layer only represents one category then I have used this
technique.

    1) import using v.in.dxf.  No categories are created as you noticed.
       But each layer is in its own vector map.
    2) For each new vector map, run v.digit and use the command
       to "LABEL ALL UNLABELED LINES".  Give it the category value
       you want.  Then exit v.digit.
    3) Repeat step 2 for each layer (i.e. each new vector map)
JOHN DEL FERRO                     |      Philadelphia District
tel: 215-656-6690                  |   U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
johnd at nap61.nap-wc.usace.army.mil  |