setting up a digitizer

Timothy Keitt tkeitt at algodones.unm.edu
Mon Mar 7 18:38:59 EST 1994

Hi,

I'm trying to use a Houston Instruments TrueGrid 8000
digitizer with grass 4.1.  I have the digitizer setup
on ttya and can send/recieve strings, however I can't
seem to get grass to talk to it (or at least to get
v.digit to run).  I've tried to hack a digitizer file
from the existing ones in etc/digitizers, however I
can't find any documentation on how to format strings/
control characters, etc.  Could someone point me to the
documentation?  Better yet, I'd like to find an existing
digitizer setup file for this tablet.

I'm able to run v.digit, select my test digitizer file
and begin entering registration coordinates.  When I hit
escape, the program exits with no messages (or they just
flash by, hard to tell).

Thanks for your help.

Tim

Timothy H. Keitt