XGRASS illegal help data error

doornink at hp30.itc.nl doornink at hp30.itc.nl
Thu May 19 14:36:30 EDT 1994

> Dear XGRASS Users,
> I installed xgrass4.1 on HP9000/715, and most things work fine, except that
> the xclip interfaced commands give an error message like
>
> "/ill2/grass41/etc/xclip/d.vect", line 75:
> <Illegal help data [12.map.display/12.05.d.dis]> at or near """
>
> The reported line number is arbitrary, the help files exist and are found
> and displayed by the xghelp system from the main menu.
>
> I can work around the problem if I comment out the helpwidgetref statements.
>
> Any simple solution?
>
> Josef Fuerst
> --
> Dipl.Ing. Dr. Josef Fuerst
> Universitaet fuer Bodenkultur
> Institut fuer Wasserwirtschaft, Hydrologie und konstruktiven Wasserbau
> Nussdorfer Laende 11
> A-1190 Wien
> AUSTRIA
>
> Tel: +43 1 3692924 360
> Fax: +43 1 3692924 350
> E-mail: fuerst at donau.boku.ac.at

I had the same problem on the HP 9000/715, after looking at the source-code
i saw a little problem in the file xgrass/menu/xc.create.c at line 3400
in the funktion _XcParseHelpData, they are returning no value (or think that
it is default 1), so i replaced the 'return'-statement with 'return 1' and
it works.

Good Luck,

Ron Doornink, ITC Enschede

E-mail: doornink at hp30.itc.nl