No subject

jose avila pepe at chico-che.ecologia.unam.mx
Fri Aug 11 00:21:04 EDT 1995

Hello:

My name is PEPE, I am an student from Mexico City and an user of GRASS, using Internet I saw in The GRASS Info Center a section where people with problems and questions about GRASS send their letters and other users answer the questions,
I couldn't put my letter in the GRASS Info Center, and only got your e-mail. Maybe you could please help me

First: I need to export a GRASS image to the GIS Idrisi, I did it the first time very succesfully, I only transferred the CEll, CELLHD, and CATS files of my image to the Pc where I work with Idrisi, and used the program "grassidr". Later I tried to transfer another image in the same way I did it before, but this time, it didn't work. When I checked the CELLHD file was diferent in only one thing:

This is the CELLHD that corresponds to the firts image (the one that was succesfull):

proj:       1
zone:       14
north:      2216917
south:      2133937
east:       389242
west:       354963
cols:       381
rows:       922
e-w resol:  89.97112861
n-s resol:  90
format:     0
compressed: 0
This is the CELLHD that corresponds to the second image (the one that didn't work):

proj:       1
zone:       14
north:      2216917
south:      2133937
east:       389242
west:       354963
cols:       381
rows:       922
e-w resol:  89.97112861
n-s resol:  90
format:     1
compressed: 0

It seems that the problem is the format of the image, if the format is (0), I can export the image to Idrisi, but if it is (1) I can't export it.

Could you please help me? What do I have to do to convert my second image to the format zero? Is there a GRASS command to do this?

My second problem is that I have an MSS image of the 1973 year, (this corresponds to the first or second Landsat satellite) and I can't load the bands in the rigth way, neither I use the command "i.tape.mss" or "i.tape.other". if I use the first command, the sistem hangs out, and if I use the second command the image I see on the GRASS monitor is very deformed and with a lot of lines across it.

What can I do to load the bands in the machine in the rigth way?

I really would apreciate your help in this problems;

Thanks

PEPE.

P.D. My e-mail is pepe at chico-che.ecologia.unam.mx