converting .SIT grass vector files

Kevin Kingdon kevin at unicaat.yorku.ca
Fri Feb 10 00:23:49 EST 1995

Hi,
We are using a GPS system to make UTM co-ordinate measurements of a site.
The software which comes with the GPS system is able to output it's data
in what it calls a grass vector format. These files have a .SIT extension
on them. How can this format be imported into grass? (the software is now
2 or 3 years old). If this data could be imported directly into grass it
would be extremely helpful to our project.

I have also had problems setting up a new geographic region. I am using
xgrass and I tried the modify default region command from the pulldown
menu but was not able to save changes to the region that i created. I
also tried using the g.region command within the grass shell but was also
unsuccessful with this command. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

--
Kevin Kingdon              Internet: <kevin at unicaat.yorku.ca>
Earth and Atmospheric Science / Faculty of Pure and Applied Science