GRASS X monitors

Grass package grass at sun1.bham.ac.uk
Wed Jan 11 07:50:43 EST 1995

Jan?10??95?03?49?49?pm at bnr.ca>
Originator: daemon at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

> A problem was recently brought to my attention regarding the use of multiple
> X display monitors in GRASS.  When using two or more X display monitors,
> the monitors started after the first one appear normal until an image is
> displayed, at which time the monitor(s) fade to a dull grey and by default
> erases to a dull grey.  Images subsequently displayed also appear to have a h
ighly muted colortable.  This even happens when the colormode is set to float.
> Has anyone encoutered this problem and/or developed a solution?  Any help
> would be appreciated.
>
> Mark Gibb
> USACERL

Yes, I and many others have had this problem and reported it to the grassu
and grassp lists. I have never seen any reply that offered a solution (at
least not in the past 3 years). I'm sure many Grass users would appreciate
you working on a solution...

Martijn van Leusen