Archive on internet, WWW, archive browsing, mail headers

Bart Cosyn bcosyn at crs4.it
Wed Jan 18 04:11:15 EST 1995

Hi all,

I was able to connect to http://soils.ecn.purdue.edu/~mccauley/grassu/

and i am glad to see this archive. It will help a lot for people to solve
problems that were putted on the list already before. But if we want this
tool becoming  very helpfull i have some important remarks.

1) Main point (as one every users list) is putting in your mail header a
clear subject. Please fill in there the most important keyword. f.i.
mention always the module in Grass with which you have problems and try to
use the Grass "language" for the subjects.

2) Indeed as other people already mentioned avoid to  subscribe,
unsubscribe, ping and so on on grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil but use for
that grassu-request at max.cecer.army.mil.

I know it is hard not to have these messages on the list but at least we
can give it a try. And in this way the cleaning of this list should be
much more easy. Any case, I do not remember who or which group takes care
of this, i am greatfull to see this on the web! Thanks

		Bart

	ir. Bart Cosyn
	EC- Environment project
	CRS4