XGRASS Compilation Question

John Draves jdraves at hydro2.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Jan 18 10:43:03 EST 1995

I'm currently compiling XGRASS on an HP workstation.  GRASS compiled smoothly,
but naturally XGRASS is having a devil of a time compiling.  I am currently
trying to compile the /xgrass/display subdirectory.  Things were proceeding
smoothly until I got to grammar.c.  This is the error message I get:

grammar.y: In function `yyparse':
grammar.y:152: too many arguments to function `strtod'
grammar.y:174: too many arguments to function `strtod'
grammar.y:608: too many arguments to function `strtod'
grammar.y:622: too many arguments to function `strtod'
grammar.y:636: too many arguments to function `strtod'
grammar.y:650: too many arguments to function `strtod'
grammar.y:664: too many arguments to function `strtod'
grammar.y:678: too many arguments to function `strtod'
grammar.y:842: too many arguments to function `strtod'
grammar.y:1027: too many arguments to function `strtod'
grammar.y:1135: warning: passing arg 1 of `XtFree' from incompatible pointer typemake: *** [OBJ.HP/grammar.o] Error 1

Has anyone else encountered this problem?  Is the solution going into the code
& making changes, or do I need to fiddle with my compiler options?

Thank you for your help.

J.D. Draves        Hughes STX/Code 974  Hydrological Sciences Branch
                                        NASA/GSFC
                                        Greenbelt MD  20771

jdraves at hydro2.gsfc.nasa.gov                           (V) 301-441-4015
                                                       (F) 301-286-1758