digitizing w. GRASS

Max Grad 100450.1143 at compuserve.com
Mon Oct 30 07:00:00 EST 1995

Hi there ,

I am considering GRASS for data acquisition with an ALTEC
Datatab 2 digitizer. Can someone help me with the following
questions:

1.) Are there any problems connecting this type of digitizer to
Grass ?

2.) What is the (numerical) accuracy of digitized data in Grass
? Here in Germany, we use the GAUSS-KRUEGER coordinate system,
which gives values like 4324123.45 meters (Long.) and
5345672.78 meters (Lat.). In other lowcost (or shareware) GIS,
a round-off takes place after the decimal point. eg. TOSCA
(from Idrisi) would store the above values as 4324123.5 and
5345672.
What does happen in GRASS ? (this is the single
precision/double precision story in ARC/INFO)

Can someone help me ?

Regards

Max Grad
email: 100450.1143 at compuserve.com