v.to.sites and v.plant

Bill Jackson jackson at sierra.cecer.army.mil
Fri Oct 27 16:47:31 EDT 1995

> From grass-lists-owner at moon.cecer.army.mil Fri Oct 27 15:36:36 1995
> From: stewalt at ncrds.er.usgs.gov (Sue Tewalt x6437)
> Subject: v.to.sites and v.plant
> Sender: grass-lists-owner at moon.cecer.army.mil
> To: grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
> Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 15:51:33 -0400 (EDT)
>
> We have digitized straight lines that need to become rasters and
> thought we could easily do this with v.to.sites with -a and -i option and
> s.menu. Options don't work, though. We ftp'd v.plant from incoming and it too
> gives us an error saying can't read dig-ascii header. I am very confused
> because I thought I would just make an dig_ascii file myself and
> reverse the columns and edit to a sites file format, but all the vertices
> are not being output in the dig_ascii file. My lines look great and I
> digitized at default threshold, so I should have LOTS of vertices.
> Anybody else seen this?
>
> Any and all help appreciated--

You may want to check out v.in.transects which accepts ascii input to create
areas from point data. You will need to give each an azimuth and define the
dimensions of the transect, not difficult at all.

The form is:

1:682635:4344636:202:0.0:0.0:$RES:$RES:81

Then run v.to.rast to get your raster map.

Bill Jackson    jackson at sierra.cecer.army.mil
LL-N
USA-CERL