v.support

kang at risca.rs.msu.edu kang at risca.rs.msu.edu
Tue Sep 26 08:00:00 EDT 1995

Hi,
Is anyone running GRASS 4.15 on Sun Solaris 2.3?  I have problems with the
v.support command.  I compiled GRASS4.15 with Sunpro C a few months ago.  The
v.support never work for me.  It always gave me the Segementation fault.  I
also have GRASS4.15 compiled on Linux with gcc 2.6.3 and it failed too.  The
error message from Linux is as below:
Converting myfile from 3.0 to 4.0
File is already in 4.0 format
ERROR: File conversion failed.  Possibly Disk Full.
ERROR(v.support): Could not build vector file: 'myfile'

I remembered that v.support was working on both platforms with GRASS4.14 or old
er.  Then, I moved my vector file to a SUN OS 4.1.3 machine with SCS GRASS 4.12
.
The v.support worked perfectly.  Finally, I ran v.support on a IBM AIX 3.2
with GRASS 4.15.  It also failed with Meory fault problem.  I probably should
also try the GRASS4.15 static binary but I gave up.

Does anyone have similar experience with a newly compiled GRASS 4.15 (not from
update patches) on Solaris, AIX, or Linux?  The only place that I may did
wrong probably is in the compilation setup process where it asked for something
about portable vector 3.0 to 4.0, but I don't really think that I made the
mistake on all the three different platforms.  Any help or suggestions are
welcome!

Kang,