Error starting graphic monitor

Mazzanti Massimo massimo at cidoc.iuav.unive.it
Thu Sep 7 08:00:00 EDT 1995

e?3?87?9509050945?A2550-0100000%woodhenge?arch?soton?ac?uk}@bnr.ca>
content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
organization: University of Illinois at Urbana
mime-version: 1.0
reply-to: grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
newsgroups: info.grass.user
originator: daemon at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

Hi,
I have just installed GRASS 4.1 on a SUN SPARC 2 running SUN OS.
When I run the module d.mon the MONITOR MENU appears; I choose the first
option (1 - start a graphic monitor); then I enter the monitor name "x0"
and the program answers:

Graphics driver [x0] is already running
ERROR - eof from graphics monitor.
Problem selecting xo. .....

Actually the x0 driver is not already running!
The complete GRASS installation were copied from another workstation
connected with NFS. We suppose that this could be a lock file problem.
All directories are owned by GRASS and permissions of the locks directory
are drwxrwxrwx.

Any ideas?

Tahnks.

Massimo Mazzanti