ps.map in Linux versions of GRASS4.1

Schmidt avenues at sonnet.com
Tue Apr 9 08:00:00 EDT 1996

The original version of ps.map from Andy Bernett's compilation of Grass4.1
only worked for 8.5x11" size plots. Kang suggested some fixes and Howard
Foster re-compiled ps.map with the fixes. He sent me a copy and I uploaded
that revised version to the grass "incoming" directory on the moon
(ps.map.linux). It has handled all manner of raster and vector files and
output sizes.
I recently upgraded to Linux 1.2.13 (ELF version) and downloaded Kang's
GRASS4.1.5 compiled under this version. I tried the ps.map in that version
today and got the same segmentation violation error that several other users
have noted.  I tried the older version of ps.map described above and that
seems to be working OK.
Has anyone solved the mystery of the errors in Kang's latest compilation of
ps.map?

Jim Schmidt
avenues at sonnet.com