mapping wildlife

J Lambert jlambert at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Tue Feb 18 13:34:53 EST 1997

Greetings!

I began using GRASS in January to analyze data for a study of bird
territories and am wondering if there is a GRASS program or a series of
operations that will allow me to randomly subsample a cluster of digitized
points and automatically draw minimum convex polygons around the
subsampled clusters.  The points represent locations of bird observations
and I hope to draw minimum convex polygons to estimate territory
characteristics (size, perimeter length, minimum axis, maximum axis).

If you are not familiar with any such programs, please refer me to
individuals or organizations that may be using GRASS to map wildlife.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback on this topic, as the
ability to accurately estimate territory parameters with GRASS is central
to my master's project.

Thank you,

Dan Lambert
jlambert at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca