general importing info

DON EBERT ebertd at nevada.edu
Wed Jul 2 11:39:00 EDT 1997

Thomas,
One step that I see a lot of people miss when downloading data from the
GeoData Center is to forget to add record delimiters to the files. To do
so, you use the UNIX dd command. The specific parameters for the dd
command are given in the README files at the GeoData Center site. Hope
this helps.

Don Ebert
Research Associate
USGS Biological Resources Division