problem with Xgrass4.1

Tian Qing tqing at ics.trieste.it
Tue Mar 18 04:41:10 EST 1997

I installed GRASS4.1 from internet for SGI. The O.S of my computer is
IRIX 5.3. But I have some problems with Xgrass.

When I run $GISBASE/xgrass4.1, the XGRASS Startup Dialog is shown. then
I select <<Add Items...>> button, and the Add Items Dialog is shown. but
the <<Add Database>> button is in grey, also I can't input the names for
Session,Location, and Mapset in those editing boxes. There is no focus
for inputing letters from Keyboard when I move the mouse to the editing
box and push the left button of the mouse. It seems dead. Without names
for Session,Database,Location and Mapset I can't Create Session,Location
and Mapset. Also it is impossible to Add Database. Xgrass4.1 stops here.

If some body know how to do, please answer me. many thanks.

Tian Qing
ICS,UNIDO
Trieste, Italy
e-mail: tqing at ics.trieste.italy