GRASS-XMI and other Grass GUIs

J. HOLLENBECK jhollenb at nmsu.edu
Sat Jan 24 16:02:32 EST 1998

David-
	I have been beta testing the linux version of GRASS-XMI for a
month or two and am quite pleased with how it is working out.  It really
makes some of the tedious command line operations (such as zooming in and
out) much, much easier.  Also, they have created a very nice interface to
r.mapcalc (Map Calculator in GRASS-XMI) that makes map algebra a much more
pleasant task.  I would recommend it.

I'm not familiar with any other GRASS GUI's (other than perhaps GRASSLAND
or Blackland GRASS for Win95)

If you are using GRASS on Linux, it might be worth mentioning that the
grass-xmi developers are likely to distribute GRASS-XMI as either static
binaries or shared binaries with libraries included (or both) so that you
do not have to have Motif.

Jeff Hollenbeck
Dept. of Fishery and Wildlife Science
New Mexico State University