HP DesignJet 650C driver

Richard E Nairn ren at spans.gscc.nrcan.gc.ca
Wed Mar 25 13:47:15 EST 1998

> >Where can I find a driver for a HP DesignJet 650C? I need something to
> >paint to a large format inkjet plotter ... I have looked on moon, and
> >on baylor but I can't seem to find one... Will I have to write one
> >myself?
> >

> >--
> >Richard Nairn
> >Geological Survey of Canada
> >** Email ren at spans.gscc.nrcan.gc.ca   **
> >**	 nairnr at cadvision.com         **
>
> Richard:
>
>         I may not understand this correctly, but I think all you need to do
> is copy the postscript file (produced in ps.map) to a postscript compatible
> plotter.  GRASS does not print directly to a plotter, so there are no
> special drivers required.  The HP site has scads of different drivers
> available for downloading under their product support page.  Please correct
> me if I am wrong.  Hope this helps.
>
> Shawn Francis

Either that, or I don't understand the process completely.  :-)  Where
do you specify the page size then? How does ps.map know that I want a
plot that is 36" wide.  I know I can specify a scale, but sometimes
that gets mangled...

Ok, I just found the ps.select and how to specify the page size.. I
will see if that solves my problem... Wish I knew what FM to RTFM :-)