Creating MASK from vect / Problems with v.spag

Stephan Eickschen eicksch at uni-muenster.de
Wed May 6 05:48:44 EDT 1998

Hi-

thanks to all who have answered my request for help! Malcolm - your
way seems to be the best. Unfortunatly, v.spag hangs on my system (as it
is mentioned to be possible in the GRASS Ref. Man. at v.spag / BUGS...).
I am running GRASS4.1.5 on a SGI system (uname -srm IRIX64 6.4 IP27).
It is the binary release from ftp.funet.fi (that is the same as
ftp.cecer.army.mil). >file v.spag< results in
> ELF 32-bit MSB dynamic executable MIPS - version 1
Does anybody have an update I could use (if possible as binary)?

I need the capability of v.spag to create nodes for crossing lines. It
hangs at

>     Reading Vector file.
>  100%
>     Cleaning lines less than thresh
> Identical lines check  and   Line intersections

Does anybody have experience wilth v.spag of GRASS 4.2X with Linux, or:
Is there a binary release of 4.2X for SGI?

Thanks in advance for any help,

regards,

	Stephan

Stephan Eickschen                     Tel. : +49 (0)251 83-34704
Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet   Fax. : +49 (0)251 83-36100
Institute for Geophysics
Research Unit of Physical Glaciology  email: eicksch at uni-muenster.de
Corrensstrasse 24
48149 Muenster