xgrass was Solaris and XGRASS 4.2.1

Clifton Wood cbwood at vt.edu
Thu May 7 16:25:08 EDT 1998

Herve Dreau wrote:

> I dont have Xgrass on my home computer, but at work  i compiled grass
> under  Linux with the version of Lesstif provided by grass. First I
> have the same behavior than you discribe, I can pass this step by
> passing parameters in command line argument to xgrass (try xgrass
> --help or something like this) for location mapset and database.
> like xgrass -location=leics -mapset=dreau
> -database=/usr/local/grass42/data

Aha!

Now why didn't I think of that? :>

I'll still be mucking with the code to see why the other 2 selection
boxes
don't work when I get some time. I find it counter intuitive to have to
use COMMAND LINE options to do something the interface should use, but
this
works right now as a quick fix!

> My 2 eurocents

A cent saved is a cent earned. Thanks much!

Clifton B. Wood
Programmer/Analyst for Virginia Tech's AGNIS Department