printing on network printer

Francisco Estrada Belli fncesbl at crsa.bu.edu
Wed Nov 4 11:41:06 EST 1998

Dear Grass experts,

I wonder if someone could tell me how to set up a printer that is not
attached
to a machine through a tty device but has it's own ip address and prints
with
the lpr program.  I would like to be able to use it for output with
p.map and
p.map new.  It is a tekrtonix phaser 360. The installation manual does
not
seem to give this option, only printers directly attached to a machine's port.

I have been able to send to the printer output from ps.map but I would like
to use output from p.map.new because it gives more display options.

OS/ Iris 6.3
GRass version 4.2 v.19 binary distr.

Thank you

Francisco Estrada Belli