reclassification

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Dec 13 15:22:29 EST 1999

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Antonio Rodríguez Verdugo wrote:

> The areas are classified as categories and the veg types are classified as
> descriptions.
>
> I want to reclassify the map in function of the veg types instead of areas,
> but running r.reclass non-interactively I can't accomplish this. And with
> the interactive mode is a little crazy (11827!).

  This looks like an ideal situation for keeping attribute information in
postgreSQL. Making changes in attribute data (perhaps in a copy of the
original table) would be quite easy with sql statements.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com