SDTS on GRASS

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jul 2 18:44:27 EDT 1999

On Fri, 2 Jul 1999, Steven J. Swanson wrote:

> Check out this location for ports of the converter to Windows and Unix
> (SUN) systems, as well as the C source code (if you need to run it on
> Linux... I haven't tried the Sun port on my Linux box):
> ftp://ftp.blm.gov/pub/gis/sdts/dem/

  Sol Katz at the BLM Service Center is Denver is responsible for most of
the spatial data translation code. He's been writing them for several years
now: MOSS, MapInfo, ArcInfo; dlgs and now sdts. Perhaps we can talk him into
doing more for GRASS (which I think he used back in the early days).

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.
2404 SW 22nd Street
Troutdale, OR 97060-1247  U.S.A.
+ 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax)
rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
           Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.