GRASS 5.0 beta2 Released!

Angus Carr apcarr at FLASH.LakeheadU.CA
Tue Jul 27 08:48:05 EDT 1999

For what it's worth, on an identical setup, I had two errors, both easily
corrected. I didn't try to make portable fixes, just fixes that made it
compile.

r.binfer: wait was wrong type at line 263 of
	src/raster/r.binfer/symtab.c
	Solution: change unsigned int to int

paint: missing member of termios struct
	src/paint/Interface/driverlib/io.c:92
	Solution: use termio code instead of termios code-
		set using an #ifdef there anyway.

Other than that, it all compiles. Unfortunately, the autoconf stuff has
some hard-wired defaults that cannot be changed easily. I was unable to
reliably change the location of the compiled binaries. I could not specify
it on the ./configure line, nor the make line. If I had really wanted to
make it go, I would have had to change a few things in the autoconf stuf,
then go and fix gmake. I gave up and put it in /usr/local/grass5b (or
whatever. A minor bug, but a bug nonetheless.

Thanks, folks, for the work.
Angus Carr.

ps. The Canadian mirror (blue.lakeheadu.ca) is giving me troubles when I
connect from work (I am no longer at the University). Is anyone
successfully downloading from blue?
pps. blue will have beta2 available sometime today, I hope.