s.in.ascii

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Oct 4 08:51:59 EDT 1999

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Henk Coetzee wrote:

> I am struggling to get s.in.ascii to produce a site file that I can use
> for interpolation. I can produce an ascii file containing x, y and a z
> column. The z column contains a numerical value that will be used for
> interpolation. So far, nothing has worked. I have tried prefixing the z
> with a % and without. This puts 0's into the site list. interpolation
> gives errors pertaining to invalid formats and no data found. I will be
> good and tabulate all the attempts and problems, unless someone can
> point me at information that will help me start from scratch again

Henk,

  Is the module broken, or is your input data not in the correct format?
The default field separator is a blank; others must be specified to the
module.

  Just where is the source of the problem, do you think?

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com