s.in.ascii

Henk Coetzee henkc at geoscience.org.za
Mon Oct 4 09:22:26 EDT 1999

Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Henk Coetzee wrote:
>
> > I am struggling to get s.in.ascii to produce a site file that I can use
> > for interpolation. I can produce an ascii file containing x, y and a z
> > column. The z column contains a numerical value that will be used for
> > interpolation. So far, nothing has worked. I have tried prefixing the z
> > with a % and without. This puts 0's into the site list. interpolation
> > gives errors pertaining to invalid formats and no data found. I will be
> > good and tabulate all the attempts and problems, unless someone can
> > point me at information that will help me start from scratch again
>
> Henk,
>
>   Is the module broken, or is your input data not in the correct format?
> The default field separator is a blank; others must be specified to the
> module.
>
>   Just where is the source of the problem, do you think?

I'm not sure. I have followed Markus's advice, and set up a sites file
using the -e option, and get a file that looks correct, "X|Y|%Z". To the
best of my knowledge, the file is in the correct format. I can display
the sites, but cannot interpolate between them

Henk

Henk Coetzee
Geophysics Unit
Council for Geoscience
Private Bag X112, Pretoria, 0001, South Africa
Tel: +27-12-841-1192   Fax: +27-12-841-1424