v.support fails on DIGITAL UNIX

Luca Palmeri lpalmeri at ux1.unipd.it
Sun Oct 17 04:16:09 EDT 1999

Hello,
            I have compiled Grass 5b3 on an alpha with
digital unix. The compilation has been a little difficult
and took me a whole day, editing the scripts and the
code in many points.
If developers are interested I can send the complete
log of changes I made. The most relevant, al least I
think, is that I had to delete in many places the prototype
of  the free() call due to the complaints of the gcc
compiler about the redefinition.
Also I have neither ncurses, nor root privileges to install
them so I simply used curses, but this shouldn't be
a big problem, at least not related with what follows.

Ok, finaly I got it. I have then imported a Location of
data I was working with under i586 Linux.
No problem with raster files, But when i go working
with vector files strange things happen:

For example running v.support on a vector file I get

  SYSTEM_ERROR: OLD_T_NEW Got a bad type code ffffff9c
  OUT OF MEMORY!
  SYSTEM_ERROR: OLD_T_NEW Got a bad type code ffffff9c
  OUT OF MEMORY!
    Read_line: Out of Memory
    Could not build support (dig_plus) file.

If i run d.vect on the same file:

   Initializing [ds] ... Vector format version (4.706) is not known by this
release.  EXITING
   Try running v.support to reformat the dig_plus file

It seems like if GRASS does not recognize anymore the
vector files build under linux.

any suggestion ?

LP

--> Luca Palmeri - Dip. Proc. Chimici dell'Ingengeria
    Universita' di Padova  TEL: +390498275527 -------