error in loading shared libraries

Agustin Lobo alobo at ija.csic.es
Mon Sep 20 04:59:37 EDT 1999

I have this problem with the grass5-0beta3 binaries
ans SuSe 6.0.

Could anybody let me know what are the requirements in terms
of shared libraries (and other components) that my box
should conform  to in order for the binary version
to work?

Note that the www page
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass5/binary/linux/REQUIREMENTS.linux
just states:

"REQUIREMENTS to run GRASS GIS on Linux/Intel

A workstation running some flavor with Linux.  Ideally,
you should have at least 500 Mb for data and 32 Mb RAM."

and http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass5/binary/linux/ says:

"It was precompiled on Linux based on libc.so.6 aka glibc2
(Redhat 5.x/6.x, SuSe 6.x, Debian 2.x...)"

Thanks

Dr. Agustin Lobo
Instituto de Ciencias de la Tierra (CSIC)
Lluis Sole Sabaris s/n
08028 Barcelona SPAIN
tel 34 93409 5410
fax 34 93411 0012