s.vol.rst - precip interpolation ?

Bernhard Sturm sturm at datacomm.ch
Tue Apr 4 10:34:25 EDT 2000

Hi Chris
I am currently working on a thesis dealing exactly with this problem, so far
I only used s.surf.tps and s.surf.idw in order to interpolate from site
data, but my goal is to interpolate rainfall with respect to elevation. I am
heading towards a self written module which uses r.mapcalc together with
pre-calculated elevation regression parameters for the modification of the
*flat* interpolated raster maps...
However, I would be grateful if anybody else knows of an already existing
procedure (or module) to solve this problem within GRASS...

Cheers
Bernhard Sturm
Centre for Development and Environment
Department of Geography - University of Berne
Hallerstrasse 12
3012 Bern - SWITZERLAND
www.cde.unibe.ch