s.vol.rst - precip interpolation ?

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Apr 4 15:28:47 EDT 2000

On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 01:26:34PM +0100, Chris Kilsby wrote:
> Does anyone know of a GRASS package or freely available code
> which can do this ? I guess that s.vol.rst (referred to in the GRASS
> web pages) would do the job, but has not yet been  implemented.

Hi Chris,

the forthcoming GRASS 5 beta7 will have the "grid3d"-library
implemented (you can get it from CVS already). It was
developed by MITASOVA, BROWN, MITAS and HOFIERKA (I hope
to cite all authors). The s.vol.rst for volume interpolation
is already implemented (and r3.mapcalc, too), but not
available in open source. I talked to Helena Mitasova
about these interesting modules; She told me that it might be
possible to release public *binary* releases for selected
platforms. I think, this would be great!

Currently available are these modules:
 g3.region
 r3.in.ascii
 r3.in.grid3
 r3.info
 r3.mask
 r3.mkdspf (runs on SGI only)
 r3.null
 r3.out.ascii
 r3.showdspf

It is in CVS at:
src.contrib/GMSL/g3d/

Documentation at:
(specifications:)
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/gdp/html_grass5/programming/g3d/

and
(modules:)
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/gdp/html_grass5/programming/apps/

Kind regards

Markus Neteler

University of Hannover
Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology
Schneiderberg 50 * D-30167 Hannover * Germany
Tel: ++49-(0)511-762-4494  Fax: -3984