r.in.gif: Illegal latitudes

bob at math.umn.edu bob at math.umn.edu
Tue Feb 1 16:59:32 EST 2000

Howdy.

Using r.in.gif, I am getting a lot of these:

ImageDesc l 0, t 0, w 864, h 310
WARNING: G_set_window(): Illegal latitude for North

Using xv to rewrite the map as a TIFF file, we get:

Reading /var/tmp/pop/gpw.tif...TIFF Directory at offset 0x41648
  Image Width: 864 Image Length: 310
  Resolution: 1200, 1200 pixels/inch
  Bits/Sample: 8
  Compression Scheme: None
  Photometric Interpretation: palette color (RGB from colormap)
  Orientation: row 0 top, col 0 lhs
  Samples/Pixel: 1
  Rows/Strip: 9
  Planar Configuration: single image plane
  Color Map: (present)
WARNING: G_set_window(): Illegal latitude for North
ERROR: couldn't set cellhd.

The GIF is GIF87, so that is not a problem.  Any ideas what I am doing
wrong here?  r.in.ascii works fine.

I have grass5.0beta5 on linux 2.2.14.

Thanks for your time.

Adios,
Chris
--
C.S. Cornuelle
School of Mathematics/MCIM, University of Minnesota
(612) 626-8930v, (612) 624-2333f, bob at math.umn.edu
Ferventer Vestite