4.3 binaries for linux?

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Wed Mar 15 17:01:11 EST 2000

Glen Gunsalus wrote:

> There don't seem to be 4.3 binaries for linux in any of the usual
> places.  Can anyone give me pointers to such?  RH6.1 if it matters.
>
> I've downloaded CVS of 5beta and compiled without problem on Solaris
> 2.6 and RH6.1  Kudos to the development team.
>
> There are several routines in 4.3 I need for a current project that are
> not yet implemented in 5beta, and the compile of 4.3 is a bit
> problematic, both on Solaris and linux, thus, the desire for binary
> version.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> --
> Glen L. Gunsalus, Ph.D.   Telephone: (212) 327-8757
> The Population Council    Facsimile: (212) 327-8839,-7678
> 1230 York Avenue          E-Mail:    glen at popcbr.rockefeller.edu
> New York, NY 10021             G-Gunsalus at popcbr.rockefeller.edu

Hi to all grass-users,

i am currently preparing rpm (Red Hat Packages) for grass4.3 for easy
installation of grass 4.3 on most linux distributions. Maybe i can
provide a grass5.0 package later, but there are currently some problems
with packaging grass5.0.

The packages are nearly ready for distribution (and are tested on red
hat linux 5.2, 6.x and Caldera Open Linux).
But i have not the space and bandwith to provide download of them.

So if someone has an idea where to host those files (space is approx. 40
MB for binary rpms and 40 MB for source rpms) please contact me.

I uploaded the (prelimnary) spec files (this are only the files to
create the rpm distribution from, not the rpm-binaries itself!) to my
homepage (http://members.tripod.de/AndreasLange/grass).

Any comments are welcome,

cu
Andreas

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de, A.C.Lange at GMX.net