[GRASSLIST:1142] Re: More on questions r.in.tiff

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Thu Nov 16 21:03:14 EST 2000

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 06:40:38PM +0200, juhana.nieminen at helsinki.fi wrote:
> I noticed a weird thing -
>
> while working with grass5b8 on a RH7.0 (with Xfree4) - the r.in.tiff
> command gives a "core dumped" (on 8 different machines) while there
> are 2 or more consecutive X windows sessions open. Once there is only
> one X open the command works fine...
>
>  any ideas?

None.  Can't see how any of that would matter to r.in.tiff (it doesn't
do anything related to display).  Note: the r.in.tiff with beta8 has
other "issues".  But, did you compile these binaries yourself on RH7.0?
If not, I'd suggest it. RH7.0 uses some libes/compiler technology that
hadn't quite been brought to a stable release level.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>