[GRASSLIST:1188] Re: notation standardisation

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sun Nov 26 14:32:01 EST 2000

Dear Seppo,

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 08:23:51PM +0200, seppo kaitala wrote:
> Dear All
>
> Would it be good if the notation would be same for the same kind of
> consepts.
>
> For instance in commands
>
> v.proj map=name [out=name] inloc=name [dbase=name] [set=name]
>
> r.proj input=name location=name [output=name] [mapset=name][dbase=name]
> [method=name] [res=value]
>

> It is difficult to explain students, what the difference or similarity
> for  inloc and location, input and map in these commands.
thanks for the notification! I agree - and we have already started such
discussion for the next 5.1 release.

If you (all users) know of further comparing incosistencies, please let me
know. We will fix it immediately.

Kind regards

 Markus

--
Dipl.-Geogr. Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology