IRIX binaries for SGI

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Oct 9 05:18:50 EDT 2000

On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 11:17:24AM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> Hello Rado
>
> Rado Bonk wrote:
> > I downloaded SGI binaries Friday morning. grass5install.sh did not
> > work for me. I unpacked *.tar.gz file and I had to edit
> > /etc/monitorcap and grass5 script to make it run.
>
> It appears the grass5install.sh file on the ftp site is the wrong file.
> It is not the one I uploaded, it is the old one without my changes. I
> have CC'd this to Markus to check what happened. Markus, did you get the
> grass5install.sh file I uploaded?

Excuse me! I missed that. Now the correct file is in place.

http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass5/binary/irix/
(on the mirrors soon)

> > Justin, NVIZ2.2 is not included. I am very intereted in that module
> > and in other r3.* commands as well. I could not compile NVIZ2.2 and
> > r3.showdspf in previous versions of GRASS5 under IRIX6.5
>
> I couldn't compile it either :). Markus and I are currently trying to
> compile it. We'll let you know what happens.

Concerning NVIZ: We have problems to compile it with tcl/tk8.3.
If anyone can assist, please contact me personally.

Note: The "configure" script is heavily updated to find all the include
files and the current tcl/tk version installed (find it in CVS).

Kind regards

 Markus Neteler
 neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de